from Aaron Nanto
Sigma is rocking the photographic and videography world with the new Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 HSM Art Lens – rated higher than even the best Canon, Zeiss or Nikon prime lens on the market! I take it out for a spin on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera, with motion control by the Kessler CineDrive 4-Axis (dolly, pan, tilt, focus) system.
– Lens build quality is rock solid – on par with Zeiss and better than Canon L glass
– Wish lens had hard stops for focus (since I’ll be mostly using it for videography)
– You may notice some funny reflection/flare in the video – this is NOT caused by the lens, but the ND filter I had to use for all of the shots
– Aperture range was 1.8-6.0. Tried to keep it as wide open as possible for most of the shots.
– Applied minor white balance and color correction to footage – nothing else.
Thank you for watching – you can follow me on Twitter @AaronNanto, and don’t forget to Subscribe if you are a new viewer!